About Me

My photo
Suwanee, Georgia, United States
I have a passion for creating. I love to sew, decorate, paint, read, travel. I have been sewing and decorating for years. I love teaching and sharing my inspiration. I love thinking outside the box and believe everything can be made into something new! I am sew inspired and love simplicity in my life. I have a very successful decorating business. I also love teaching my sewing classes and sharing this gift that I have been blessed with. Sewing is becoming a dying art and I want to do my part in keeping it alive.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Looking Ahead To Spring

This weekend I will be heading to Charleston for a gymnastics meet with my daughters.  I am really looking forward to hearing the ocean, smelling the salty air and walking in the sand.  This has been a very long and hard winter for a lot of us.  Living in the south, we were not an exception.  I really thought for a while that I needed to move to Florida to escape the cold.  But just like always, mother nature throws us a little tease of what is to come.  It has been an amazing week in Atlanta, GA, nice warm weather and beautful skies.  Driving through my town, I even noticed the cherry blossom beginning to bud.  I love spring, well I love it until the pollen comes in, then it's not quite so enjoyable.

Which brings me to my topic today.  Sprucing up the home for the spring.  Today I thought I would share with you some photos of some rooms that make me feel good and that invoke that taste of spring that is right around the corner. 


I could really curl up in either of these rooms for a good read.  The soft colors make the room bright and cheerful.  I love the crisp white with the soft accent of blue and green in the top photo.  The warm buttery yellow wall color and the mix matched furniture in this room makes it cozy and inviting.

I can hear the ocean from this room.  The beautiful use of blue, white and green in this bedroom is spectacular.  The fabrics make a statement, but don't overwhelm the overall comfort and style.
I love the use of peacock blue and lime greens.  Peacock blue is an amazing color and has really hit the scene really hard.  It is fun and vibrant.  And I love the way they painted the chair in the fun lime green color.

Most important, don't forget about cleaning up your outdoor living spaces.  Now is a great time in Atlanta, to start using those spaces.  Outdoor spaces have really been making a statement the past few years.  Many people have been staycationing and are spending quality time at home with family and friends.  Your outdoor living space can actually be and extension of your home.  Here in Atlanta, we can use these spaces as early as February and as late as Novemeber.   Outdoor fabric companies have done an amazing job of manufacturing fabrics that are bright, bold and have beautiful designs.  These fabrics would be just as beautiful indoors as outdoors.

Hope these pictures have inspired you to take a look at your home and begin thinking about your spring spruce up.  I love looking at photos of great rooms for inspiration.  The internet is such a great source for ideas.  So if you can not surf the beautfiul ocean, surf the web for inspiration and ideas to bring new life into your home.



No comments: