About Me

My photo
Suwanee, Georgia, United States
I have a passion for creating. I love to sew, decorate, paint, read, travel. I have been sewing and decorating for years. I love teaching and sharing my inspiration. I love thinking outside the box and believe everything can be made into something new! I am sew inspired and love simplicity in my life. I have a very successful decorating business. I also love teaching my sewing classes and sharing this gift that I have been blessed with. Sewing is becoming a dying art and I want to do my part in keeping it alive.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Design Outside with Style

Today was a beautiful day. The weather was warm and sunny, and for a change, no rain. It really had me thinking about spending time outside. Clearing off my deck, cleaning up my outdoor furniture and firing up my grill to cook a great meal.

But more than that, it really had my creative mind thinking about what I could do to spruce up my deck and really create a space that we would all enjoy spending time in and how to make the most of the space we had and possibly create additional space.

I approached this project just like I approach an interior design project. I measured out the space, gave some thought as to how I would like to use the space. I decided I wanted a space to eat, relax, read and entertain. Then I layed out a floor plan to see how I could make the use of the space I had or create an additional space somewhere else. So here is my deck floor plan.



Stay tuned as I begin to shop fabric, area rugs and accessories for my deck design. You are going to be quite surprised at the beautiful fabrics available for outdoor use. They have really come a long way. Outdoor fabrics can also be used indoors. They are a perfect choice if you have small children. They clean up very easily and the colors are very fun and vibrant.

http://www.angelathee.com


No comments: