About Me

My photo
Suwanee, Georgia, United States
I have a passion for creating. I love to sew, decorate, paint, read, travel. I have been sewing and decorating for years. I love teaching and sharing my inspiration. I love thinking outside the box and believe everything can be made into something new! I am sew inspired and love simplicity in my life. I have a very successful decorating business. I also love teaching my sewing classes and sharing this gift that I have been blessed with. Sewing is becoming a dying art and I want to do my part in keeping it alive.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Burlap - I love it!

Today in my workroom, I have been working on a burlap table square.  I have had this obsession with burlap for a long time.  It all started when I wanted to create a very natural and nature inspired guest bathroom.  I found a great distressed looking wallpaper with fern leaves on it.  Then I decided I wanted to make a burlap window treatment.  So that is what I did.  I fringed the edges and added a wood beaded trim.  That was the beginning of my obsession.  I love the way it smells, I love the way it feels and I even love the way it has a mind of it's own sometimes.

I am working with a client right now, decorating her basement guest room and I specified a burlap drum hanging light fixture to go above a small seating area we are doing.  Once I unpacked the light fixture, I new the table needed something burlap.

I pulled out some very old knot tying techniques I learned as a kid and here is the finished project.

I hope this inspires you to give burlap a chance on your next project.






No comments: