About Me

My photo
Suwanee, Georgia, United States
I have a passion for creating. I love to sew, decorate, paint, read, travel. I have been sewing and decorating for years. I love teaching and sharing my inspiration. I love thinking outside the box and believe everything can be made into something new! I am sew inspired and love simplicity in my life. I have a very successful decorating business. I also love teaching my sewing classes and sharing this gift that I have been blessed with. Sewing is becoming a dying art and I want to do my part in keeping it alive.

Friday, May 25, 2012

Guest Room Makeover

What a way to kick off the summer, making over a guest room that will make your summer guest feel welcomed!  They may never leave!  I enjoyed making over my clients guest room!  We used rich reds and golds and added in a vintage surprises.

The pillows were fun to work on.  I used a mix of stripes, solid red silk and burlap!  Yes I said burlap.  The icing on the cake for the pillows were the details that went into them.

The burlap pillow has a great wooden button a silk ruffled circle and a burlap tassel.  The stripe fabric has a great square wooden button and a burlap tassel.

The stripe fabric is accented with a silk center band and trimmed with silk prairie points.  The red silk pillow has a center band of burlap ribbon with a gold silk ribbon down the center and fabric covered buttons. 

My client found a great burlap pouf and the pillows really accent the red sofa.

A large beautiful picture above the bed really brought the room together.  I love the field of red poppies!

Window treatments in red silk with a stripe cuff.
I placed a large distressed mirror in the corner to bring light to a dark corner.  I hung a burlap drum light fixture over the table.  This gives the guest a place to sit and enjoy a cup of coffee or read the paper.  The burlap table square adds a little vintage to this side of the room.

I love creating interesting table scapes.  The iron trey was filled with moss and a few interesting objects finishes off the table.

Mirrors are a great way to add light and interest to a room.  Oversized mirrors make a great statement.


I would be very happy staying in this room!
Having a nice place for guest is a great way to show your hospitality and make your guest feel welcomed while they are away from home.

Now that summer has arrived, go ahead and create a space for the guest that makes them feel at home.

No comments: